Matarromera Crianza 2017-Estuche de madera 6 botellas 75cl
Excellence by the glass
What food can it be paired with? In addition to Iberian ham and cheese, we recommend any type of meat, both white and red. But it is also perfect for pasta or rice dishes. The key is to enjoy every glass.
D.O Ribera del Duero
Matarromera Crianza is not just a wine, it is almost a cult. If you know it, no explanation is needed. If you don't know it (and what a joy it is to discover it for the first time) we have a lot to tell you about this red wine from Ribera del Duero.
Its first vintage, 1994, was awarded the title of Best Wine in the World at an international competition organised by the Spanish Wine Interprofessional Organisation (OIVE), held in Turkey. Since then, this 100% tempranillo has been one of the hallmarks of Bodega Matarromera, located in Valbuena de Duero. What is so amazing about this iconic wine?
First of all, it is the identity of the terroir of the historic vineyards of the Matarromera hamlet, which is characterised by its calcareous-clay soil and harsh climate with large temperature fluctuations.
1. Balance: Between the ripeness of the fruit and its ageing process in barrels.
2. Wood: It settles in selected barrels of French and American oak, fine-grained and soft-toasted, to respect the expression of the fruit to the maximum. After its ageing, this Matarromera wine is bottled, where it completes its ageing process until it is ready for tasting.
3. Bouquet: Ripe black fruits and soft rosemary and clove spices.
4. Flavour: Intense, tasty, and very, very long-lasting. Persistence and balance.
The main reason for Matarromera Crianza's success is the Tempranillo grape with which it is made. It comes from vineyards very close to the Duero River that produce high quality grapes. They are located in the municipalities of Olivares and Valbuena de Duero, in Valladolid, one of the most ideal areas for winemaking in Spain.
Whom is this world champion red wine for? For any wine lover who, above all, values elegance and is looking for a safe bet.
- Denomination of Origin
- Ribera del Duero
- Bodega Matarromera
- Bottle Size
- 75 cl.
- List of Ingredients
- Wine produced from grapes
- Contains sulfites
- 750 ml
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Service Temperature
- Serve at 16-18º.
- Business Name
- BODEGA MATARROMERA, S.L.
- Country of Origin
- Alcoholic Strenght
You might also like